Winter Storm Damage - Call SERVPRO
Count on SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina to help with your winter storm damage.
Winter storms can cause damage to your home or business with little or no warning. Snow and ice buildup on the roof or other building structures can cause water intrusion damage to your home or commercial property. SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina is ready to respond to your storm damage emergency and begin the cleanup and restoration process immediately. Our highly trained technicians use advanced technology to quickly identify the source of the damage and then use state-of-the-art techniques to quickly repair the damage. Here are some of the storm-related services offered are:
We hope you never experience winter storm damage but if you do, we want to help. We know that every minute counts when it comes to preventing storm damage repairs from becoming costly. Our team of highly trained professionals is on call 24-hours a day. Call us today at 763-557-7323.
Clothes Dryer Safety Tips
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina can help if you experience fire damage.
Taking out the garbage, sweeping the floor, and doing laundry are just a few daily chores that you may perform during a normal day. It is important to protect your home from a fire disaster by following a few simple tips from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) to avoid a clothes dryer fire:
- Have your dryer installed and serviced by a professional
- Do not use the dryer without a lint filter
- Make sure you clean the lint filter before or after each load of laundry
- Rigid or flexible metal venting material should be used to sustain proper air flow and drying time
- Make sure the air exhaust vent pipe is not restricted and the outdoor vent flap will open when the dryer is operating. Once a year, clean lint out of the vent pipe or have a dryer lint removal service do it for you.
- Keep dryers in good working order. Gas dryers should be inspected by a qualified professional to make sure that the gas line and connection are intact and free of leaks.
- Make sure the right plug and outlet are used and that the machine is connected properly
- Follow the manufacturer’s operating instructions and don’t overload your dryer
- Turn the dryer off if you leave home or when you go to bed
If you experience fire or smoke damage, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina has a team of highly trained technicians available 24-hours a day to assist you. Please call us at 763-557-7323.
Keep Safe & Warm this Winter
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina provides 24-hour service for any fire damage emergency.
Colder weather is arriving in the Minneapolis area, and it brings chilly temperatures into our home. A great way to help fend off the cold is to use a portable space heater. If you are planning to use a space heater this winter season, it is important that you know how to properly operate it. Please follow these tips and recommendations from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA):
- Purchase a heater with the seal of a qualified testing laboratory.
- Keep the heater at least 3 feet away from children, pets, and people, or anything that can burn.
- Choose a heater with a thermostat and overheat protection.
- Place the heater on a solid, flat surface.
- Plug the heater directly into the wall outlet. Never use an extension cord.
- Turn off the space heater when you leave the room or go to bed.
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina responds to fire damage emergencies during the winter months and we know the damage even a small fire can cause to a home. Our fire restoration technicians have the advanced training, equipment, and experience to restore damage caused by a small or large fire. Call us at 763-557-7323.
Water Damage Happens Fast - Call SERVPRO
You can count on SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina to handle your water damage emergency.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. Here is a water damage timeline that describes the kinds of damage water can do:
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
When your home or commercial business needs help with water damage, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina is Here to Help. Call us at 763-557-7323.
Commercial Sewage Cleanup
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina is available 24 hours a day to handle your emergency.
When your business needs emergency assistance with a sewer backup, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina is available 24 hours a day. Our technicians are trained and certified to clean and restore areas affected by sewage backups.
There are three types of contaminated water. Each type requires a different response to restore your business safely:
Category 1: “Clean Water”
- Water from a clean source like a broken water line
- If left untreated, it can degrade into a category two or three
Category 2: “Gray Water”
- May contain bacteria and viruses
- Can quickly degrade into category three if left untreated
Category 3: “Black Water”
Sources for category three water could include flooding from rivers or streams, water from beyond the toilet trap, water from the toilet bowl with feces, or standing water that has begun to support microbial growth.
- May contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes
- Water from flooding rivers or sewer backup
When your commercial business needs sewage backup restoration services, call SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina at 763-557-7323.
Flood Safety - Be Ready
We respond to storm damage emergencies 24-hours a day.
Know the Difference between a flood watch and a flood warning.
A flood/flash flood WATCH means a flood or flash flood is possible.
A flood/flash flood WARNING means flooding or flash flooding is already occurring or will occur soon.
Here are a few tips from Ready.gov to know about how to stay safe during a flood:
- Find safe shelter right away.
- Do not walk, swim, or drive through floodwaters.
- Remember, just six inches of moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away.
- Stay off bridges over fast-moving water.
- Depending on the type of flooding:
- Evacuate if told to do so.
- Move to higher ground or a higher floor.
- Stay where you are.
If you are dealing with flood, storm, or water damage from thunderstorms, the experienced team at SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina is ready to respond quickly. Our highly trained crews have the specialized equipment and resources to handle the job, large or small. You can reach us at 763-557-7323.
Fire Damage Cleanup and Restoration in Plymouth
We respond to fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day.
Damage caused by a fire is devastating for your family and your home. It’s a stressful and confusing time, so you’ll need a caring expert to guide you through this crisis. Our professionals will always treat you with respect and empathy, and we’ll always treat your home and belongings with great care.
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina has the water and fire damage training and expertise to help you through this tough time. Once the fire department leaves, your Plymouth home may suffer from water damage caused by firefighting efforts. We have the specialized fire and water damage restoration training, personnel, and equipment to handle fire and water damage and can quickly restore your home to pre-fire condition.
Please refer to our Fire Damage Tips – Until Help Arrives Guide and follow these tips to protect yourself and your property.
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Locally Owned and Operated
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Highly Trained Fire Restoration Technicians
Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Today 763-557-7323
SERVPRO offers Specialty Cleaning for your Business
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long lake / Medina offers specialty cleaning services for your business.
As our communities get back to business, we all have a new sense of what it means to be clean. At SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina, we’re dedicated to inspiring confidence in communities across the Minneapolis area as we find our way to a new normal. And we’re doing just that with Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, our new defensive pathogen cleaning program, goes way beyond standard janitorial cleaning practices. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning. With over 50 years of experience in biochemical spill remediation and decontamination, you can trust SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina Professionals to bring a higher standard of clean to the places we gather.
So how does it work? It’s grounded in our unique 3 C’s:
- Consult: Not all businesses are the same, so we’ll tailor a bespoke cleaning program based on the unique needs of each facility.
- Clean: Based on the agreed plan, an expert deep clean is initiated using our proprietary EPA-Approved Hospital-Grade cleaning solutions and always adhering to the leading level of cleaning and decontamination standards set by the CDC.
- Certify: You’ll know a business is Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned by the shield posted on their front window. Along with digital emblems and other collateral, this beacon represents their commitment to the comfort and security of their employees, customers, and community.
When you see the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned shield, you can walk in with confidence.
If you have questions or want to learn more about Certified SERVPRO Cleaned, call us today at 763-557-7323.
Water Damage Emergency Services
We respond to water damage emergencies 24 hours a day.
If you are experiencing a water emergency, we are here to help you, no matter the time of day or night.
Don’t wait for the damage to spread throughout your property. We are faster to any size disaster. If water is present in your home or business call our team immediately. The long-term effects of water damage could be worse than the event itself.
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina is available for immediate service for your water damage emergency.
Do not hesitate or wait until morning. With SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina we are available any time of day, helping you get ahead of the water damage.
Call us if you are experiencing:
- Sewage backup
- Or any other commercial or residential water damage emergency
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina can help with any water damage situation – Call us at 763-557-7323.
Highly Trained Restoration Specialists
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina has a team of highly trained technicians available 24 hours a day.
Our team at SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing continuing education training as well as, regular IICRC industry certifications, our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. Our training program includes the following:
- IICRC Training
- Employee Certification Training
- Initial Franchise Training
- Continuing Education Classes
IICRC Training and Certification
The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certifies and sets the standards for the cleaning and restoration industries. Our SERVPRO Professionals study IICRC standards and best practices in water restoration, fire restoration, mold remediation, carpet and upholstery cleaning, and other cleaning and restoration courses.
Employee Certification Training
The Employee Certification Training is designed to obtain specialized training and certification in the following areas:
- Crew Training
- Fire Restoration
- Water Restoration
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina is available 24 hours a day. Call us at 763-557-7323.