Recent Storm Damage Posts
Power Outage - Plan Now!
Plan now - be prepared for a power outage.
Power outages can happen when you least expect them. Plan now to have what you need in the event of a power outage. Here are some tips from the American Red Cross to stay safe:
Create a support network. Identify people who can help you stay at home or evacuate during an extended power outage. Keep a paper copy of your contact list.
Stay connected and alert. Sign up for alert systems and apps for text alerts. Have communication devices that work without home power, including a crank or battery radio, a non-cordless home phone, chargers/batteries for your cell phones and your computers.
Stock food and water. Store non-perishable food and water supplies for at least two weeks. Plan to use coolers and ice to extend food refrigeration and keep a thermometer in the fridge, freezer, or cooler to monitor the food temperature.
Know and plan for your personal and medical electrical needs. Take an inventory of your electrical needs. Consider both back up and non-power alternatives for lighting, communication, medical devices and refrigerated medicine, cooking, garage doors, locks, and elevators. Discuss a plan with your doctor for your medical needs.
Plan how to decide to stay or go. Plan how and when you will evacuate safely to maintain needs such as power-dependent medical devices. Keep your car gas tank at least half full.
If your home or business suffers from storm damage, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina has a team of highly trained technicians on call 24-hours a day to handle your storm damage. Contact us at 763-557-7323.
Know the Signs of a Tornado
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina can help with storm damage restoration.
Tornadoes often accompany thunderstorms. When there are thunderstorms in your area, being prepared can help you stay safe from the storm.
Here are a few tips from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to be prepared for a tornado:
Know the signs of a tornado
Some tornadoes strike quickly without time for a tornado warning, so it is important to know the signs of a tornado.
Signs that a tornado may be approaching include the following:
- Rotating funnel-shaped cloud
- Approaching cloud of debris
- Dark or green-colored sky
- Large, dark, low-lying cloud
- Large hail
- Loud roar that sounds like a freight train
If you notice any of these signs take cover immediately.
Identify the safest place to take shelter
Although there is no completely safe place during a tornado, some locations are safer than others. Safe places include a storm cellar, a basement, or an inside room without windows on the lowest floor (such as a bathroom, closet, or center hallway).
If you have suffered storm damage caused by a tornado or a powerful thunderstorm, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina can help, call us at 763-557-7323.
Be Ready for the Wind
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina can handle your storm damage emergency.
Spring weather in the Midwest can bring thunderstorms and high winds into our area quickly. It is important to be aware of the dangers that are associated with them. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration offer some information about wind warnings, watches, and advisories:
High Wind Warning: Take Action! Sustained, strong winds with even stronger gusts are happening. Seek shelter. If you are driving, keep both hands on the wheel.
High Wind Watch: Be Prepared! Sustained, strong winds are possible. Secure loose items and adjust plans as necessary so you are not caught outside.
Wind Advisory: Take Action! Strong winds are occurring but are not so strong to warrant a High Wind Warning. Objects outdoors should be secured, and caution should be taken if driving.
Severe Thunderstorm Warning: Take Action! A thunderstorm is happening or is imminent in the warning area. Severe thunderstorms have 58 miles per hour wind gusts and/or hail one inch or larger. Seek shelter inside a sturdy building.
Preparing for High Winds
- Remove any dead trees or overhanging branches near structures
- Remove loose objects outdoors, on patios, roofs, or balconies that could blow away
- Shutter windows securely and brace outside doors
- Bring in unsecured objects from outside and secure things that could blow away and cause damage or injury
When your home or commercial business needs storm damage restoration services, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina has a team of highly trained storm damage specialists available 24-hours a day to help. Call us today at 763-557-7323.
Storm Season is Approaching
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina will respond to your storm damage emergency.
The weather in the Midwest can change quickly and bring powerful storms into our area. Here are a few tips from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to prepare for storm season:
Tornadoes often accompany thunderstorms. Pay close attention to changing weather conditions when there is a severe thunderstorm watch or warning.
- A severe thunderstorm watch means severe thunderstorms are possible in your area.
- A severe thunderstorm warning means severe thunderstorms are occurring in your area.
Know the difference between a tornado watch and a tornado warning
A tornado watch means that a tornado is possible. A tornado watch is issued when weather conditions favor the formation of tornadoes.
During a tornado watch, you should
- Stay tuned to local radio and TV stations, or your mobile phone for further weather information.
- Watch the weather and be prepared to take shelter immediately if conditions worsen.
A tornado warning means that a tornado has been sighted or indicated by weather radar. You should immediately take shelter during a tornado warning.
When your home or commercial business needs storm restoration services, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina has a team of highly trained technicians that can respond 24-hours a day, call us at 763-557-7323.
Stay Safe after a Flood
We are available 24-hours a day to respond to storm or flood damage.
Heavy rain caused by thunderstorms and melting snow can lead to flooding at your home or business. It is important to be prepared for unpredictable weather.
Here are a few tips from Ready.gov to stay safe after a flood:
- Return home only when authorities say it is safe
- Avoid driving except in emergencies
- Wear heavy work gloves, protective clothing, and boots during clean up and use appropriate face coverings or masks if cleaning mold or other debris
- Be aware that snakes or other animals may be in your house
- Be aware of the risk of electrocution. Do not touch electrical equipment if it is wet or if you are standing in water. Turn off the electricity to prevent shock if it is safe to do so.
- Avoid wading in floodwater as it can be contaminated or charged with electricity from downed power lines
- Use a generator or other gasoline-powered machinery ONLY outdoors and away from windows
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions. We are available 24 hours a day – Call us today at 763-557-7323.
Keep your Animals Safe from Winter Weather
If you experience winter storm damage, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina is available 24-hours a day.
The snow is falling in the Minneapolis area, and more is on the way. The snow can be a pretty sight, but it can also cause dangerous cold and icy conditions for many of us. In addition to our safety, we also must think about the safety of our animals.
Here are some tips from the American Red Cross to protect your animals during a winter storm:
- Bring your companion animals indoors.
- Create a place where your other animals can be comfortable in severe winter weather. Horses and livestock should have a shelter where they can be protected from wind, snow, ice, and rain. Grazing animals should have access to a protected supply of food and non-frozen water.
- Be aware of the potential for flooding when snow and ice melt and be sure that your animals have access to high ground that is not impeded by fencing or other barriers. You may not be able to get to them in time to relocate them in the event of flooding.
- Install snow fences in rural areas to reduce drifting snow on roads and paths, which could block access to homes, barns, and animals' feed and water.
If you experience a storm damage emergency, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake Medina has a team of highly trained technicians that are available 24-hours a day. Please call us at 763-557-7323.
Be Prepared for Winter Weather in Long Lake
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina responds to storm damage emergencies 24-hours a day.
Winter Weather has arrived in the Minneapolis area. It is important to stay safe during a winter storm event. A winter storm can last a few hours or several days. According to Ready.gov here are the differences in winter weather terms:
Winter Storm Warning
Issued when hazardous winter weather in the form of heavy snow, heavy freezing rain, or heavy sleet is imminent or occurring. Winter Storm Warnings are usually issued 12 to 24 hours before the event is expected to begin.
Winter Storm Watch
Alerts the public to the possibility of a blizzard, heavy snow, heavy freezing rain, or heavy sleet. Winter Storm Watches are usually issued 12 to 48 hours before the beginning of a Winter Storm.
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued for accumulations of snow, freezing rain, freezing drizzle, and sleet which will cause significant inconveniences and, if caution is not exercised, could lead to life-threatening situations.
Know Your Risk for Winter Storms
Pay attention to weather reports and warnings of freezing weather and winter storms. Listen for emergency information and alerts.
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina responds to storm damage emergencies frequently in the winter months. We are available 24 hours a day. Please contact us at 763-557-7323.
Winter Storm Damage - Call SERVPRO
Count on SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina to help with your winter storm damage.
Winter storms can cause damage to your home or business with little or no warning. Snow and ice buildup on the roof or other building structures can cause water intrusion damage to your home or commercial property. SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina is ready to respond to your storm damage emergency and begin the cleanup and restoration process immediately. Our highly trained technicians use advanced technology to quickly identify the source of the damage and then use state-of-the-art techniques to quickly repair the damage. Here are some of the storm-related services offered are:
We hope you never experience winter storm damage but if you do, we want to help. We know that every minute counts when it comes to preventing storm damage repairs from becoming costly. Our team of highly trained professionals is on call 24-hours a day. Call us today at 763-557-7323.
Flood Safety - Be Ready
We respond to storm damage emergencies 24-hours a day.
Know the Difference between a flood watch and a flood warning.
A flood/flash flood WATCH means a flood or flash flood is possible.
A flood/flash flood WARNING means flooding or flash flooding is already occurring or will occur soon.
Here are a few tips from Ready.gov to know about how to stay safe during a flood:
- Find safe shelter right away.
- Do not walk, swim, or drive through floodwaters.
- Remember, just six inches of moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away.
- Stay off bridges over fast-moving water.
- Depending on the type of flooding:
- Evacuate if told to do so.
- Move to higher ground or a higher floor.
- Stay where you are.
If you are dealing with flood, storm, or water damage from thunderstorms, the experienced team at SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina is ready to respond quickly. Our highly trained crews have the specialized equipment and resources to handle the job, large or small. You can reach us at 763-557-7323.
Prepare an Emergency Kit
Be Prepared - Make an emergency kit today.
After a storm passes through your location, there are some items you can keep in a waterproof container (your emergency kit) to be prepared for possible evacuation.
According to Ready.gov it is a good idea to be prepared in the event you would need to evacuate your home, and these are some items to have in your emergency kit:
- Copies of medical insurance & Medicare cards
- Warm blankets
- Extra clothing, especially socks & undergarments
- Bottled water
- Batteries for your electronic devices
- Written contact list
Some additional things to consider:
- Make sure that at least one other person can get your medications & supplies
- Have at least a week-long supply of prescription medicines
- A list of all medications, dosages, and allergies
- An extra pair of glasses or extra contact lenses
- Hearing-aid batteries
- Games & activities for children
- Masks, soap, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes
If you have pets, consider these items:
- Pet food and toys
- Toys or comfort objects
- Vet information
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions. We are available 24 hours a day to help. You can reach us at (763) 557-7323.
SERVPRO can handle your Storm Damage
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina can handle your storm damage.
Storms can be unpredictable in the Midwest. Water and wind can cause damage to your home or business rapidly. Any damage to your home or business that allows water to seep into floors or ceilings can become costly repairs if not mitigated early. Therefore, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina wants commercial business and homeowners to know that when damage occurs to your home or property due to a storm, we are available to help you. We will respond to your call quickly and will immediately begin the cleanup and restoration process. Here are some of the services we provide:
- Disaster Recovery Team
- 24 Hour Emergency Response
- Content Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Sewage Cleanup
- Carpet Cleaning
- Odor Removal
- Commercial Storm Damage Cleanup
No matter what your storm cleanup and restoration needs may be, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina wants to help. We are available 24 hours a day and have the specialized equipment necessary to restore storm damage to businesses and residences alike. Call us today at (763) 557-7323. We’ll take care of your storm damage “Like it never even happened.”
Thunderstorm Preparedness Tips
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina will respond to storm damage emergencies.
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina wants residents to stay safe during severe weather events and offers these safety tips from the Federal Emergency Management on thunderstorm safety:
- When you hear thunder, go indoors. A sturdy building is the safest place to be during a thunderstorm
- Pay attention to weather reports and warnings of thunderstorms. Be ready to change plans, if necessary, to be near shelter
- When you receive a thunderstorm warning or hear thunder, go inside immediately
- If indoors, avoid running water or using landline phones. Electricity can travel through plumbing and phone lines
- Protect your property. Unplug appliances and other electric devices
- If boating or swimming, get to land and find a sturdy, grounded shelter or vehicle immediately
- If necessary, take shelter in a car with a metal top and sides. Do not touch anything metal
- Avoid flooded roadways. Just six inches of fast-moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long lake / Medina has a team of storm restoration technicians ready to respond 24 hours a day to any storm damage emergency. Call us at 763-557-7323. We’ll restore your storm damage, “Like it never even happened.”
Tips for Staying Safe During a Power Outage
If you experience storm damage, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina can help.
With spring weather heading to the Minneapolis area the weather can change quickly. Severe storms can bring strong winds which sometimes can cause a widespread power outage in your area.
Extended power outages may impact your daily routine. Here are a few tips from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to protect yourself during a power outage:
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed.
- Only use generators outdoors and away from windows.
- Do not use a gas stove to heat your home.
- Disconnect appliances and electronics to avoid damage from electrical surges.
- Use alternate plans for refrigerating medicines or power-dependent medical devices.
- If safe, go to an alternate location for heat or cooling.
- Check on neighbors.
If you have a storm damage emergency, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina is available 24 hours a day for assistance. Please don’t hesitate to call us at 763-557-7323.
Winter has arrived - Be Prepared for Winter Storms
Be prepared for winter storms - Rely on SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina to help with a storm emergency.
The Minneapolis area has had our fair share of snow and cold weather this year and as we head into the weekend the temperatures are going to get even lower. It is important to be prepared for winter storms and extreme freezing temperatures that can come with them.
Winter storms can also create a higher risk of hypothermia, frostbite, carbon monoxide poisoning, heart attacks from overexertion, and car accidents. Snowstorms, blizzards, freezing rain, ice, and high winds are all things that can knock out heat, power, and communication services. SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina is ready to respond quickly if you experience a storm damage emergency caused by winter weather.
Please follow these safety tips from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) on what to do if you are under a winter storm warning:
Winter Storm Warning
- Find shelter right away.
- Stay off roads.
- Stay indoors and dress warmly.
- Prepare for power outages.
- Use a generator outside only.
- Listen for emergency information and alerts.
- Look for signs of hypothermia and frostbite.
- Check on neighbors.
If you experience a storm damage emergency in your home or business, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina is ready to respond 24 hours a day. Call us at 763-557-7323.
Lightning Safety Tips
Follow these lightning safety tips to keep safe during the storm.
Lightning Storms can occur at any time of the year, and sometimes when we least expect them. Here are some tips from weather.gov that can keep you safe if you find yourself in a lightning storm:
Lightning: What You Need to Know
- No place outside is safe when thunderstorms are in the area.
- If you hear thunder, lightning is close enough to strike you.
- When you hear thunder, immediately move to a safe shelter.
- Stay in the safe shelter at least 30 minutes after you hear the last sound of thunder.
Indoor Lightning Safety
- Stay off corded phones, computers that are in direct contact with electricity.
- Avoid plumbing, including sinks, baths and faucets.
- Stay away from windows and doors.
- Do not lie on concrete floors.
If you are caught Outdoors – Follow these tips:
- Get off elevated areas such as hill, mountain ridges or peaks.
- Never lie flat on the ground.
- Never shelter under and isolated tree.
- Stay away from ponds, lakes and other bodies of water.
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina has years of experience cleaning up after storm damage. If you experience storm damage caused by a lightning storm – we are Here to Help. Please call us at (763) 557-7323.
SERVPRO is ready to handle your Storm Damage
We are storm damage restoration professionals.
Snow, flooding, thunderstorms, lightning, high winds, and hail can cause damage to your property. Uprooted trees and dangling powerlines can contribute to the mess. SERVPRO Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina has years of experience responding to any kind of storm damage.
Fast Response Time
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Median wants homeowners and commercial business owners to know that no matter what kind of storm damage you experience, we are ready to respond to your emergency 24 hours a day.
Our technicians are highly trained professionals and undergo initial intensive training when hired, and undergo employee certification and continuous training for:
- Crew Training
- Fire Restoration
- Water Restoration
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Call Us Today
If your home or commercial business experiences storm damage, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina is always available to help. Call us today at 763-557-7323. We’ll cleanup and restore your storm damage “Like it never even happened.”
Beat the Summer Heat with these Safety Tips
Follow these safety tips to stay cool & hydrated this summer.
As we approach the middle of summer in the Minneapolis area extreme temperatures continue to rise, be ready to battle the summer heat by following these tips from the CDC:
- Wear appropriate clothing: Choose lightweight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing.
- Stay cool indoors: Stay in an air-conditioned place as much as possible. If your home does not have air conditioning, go somewhere that does, even a few hours spent in air conditioning can help your body stay cooler when you go back into the heat.
- Plan outdoor activities carefully: Try to limit your outdoor activity to when it is coolest, like morning and evening hours.
- Pace yourself: Start slowly and pick up the pace gradually.
- Wear sunscreen: If you must go outdoors, protect yourself from the sun by wearing a hat, sunglasses, and by putting on sunscreen of SPF 15 or higher.
- Avoid cooking hot meals: They add heat to your body!
- Drink plenty of fluids: Drink more fluids, regardless of how active you are. Do not wait until you are thirsty to drink.
- Replace salt and minerals: Sweating removes salt and minerals from the body that need to be replaced. A sports drink can replace the salt and minerals you lose in sweat.
- Keep your pets hydrated: Provide plenty of fresh water for your pets.
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina want to make sure you stay cool this summer. Give us a call at (763) 557-7323 if you have any questions.
Staying Safe from a Tornado
Follow the tips to stay safe if you are under a tornado warning.
With springtime weather arriving in the Midwest, the weather can change quickly and bring powerful storms to our area. Being prepared for the unexpected can help keep you safe during a storm. Here are a few tips from Ready.gov to prepare for a Tornado:
Tornadoes can destroy buildings, flip cars, and create deadly flying debris. Tornadoes are violently rotating columns of air that extend from a thunderstorm to the ground. Tornadoes can:
- Happen anytime and anywhere
- Bring intense winds, over 200 MPH
- Look like funnels.
IF YOU ARE UNDER A TORNADO WARNING, FIND SAFE SHELTER RIGHT AWAY
- If you can safely get to a sturdy building, then do so immediately.
- Go to a safe room, basement, or storm cellar.
- If you are in a building with no basement, then get to a small interior room on the lowest level.
- Stay away from windows, doors, and outside walls.
- Do not get under an overpass or bridge. You’re safer in a low, flat location.
- Watch out for flying debris that can cause injury or death.
- Use your arms to protect your head and neck.
If you have suffered storm damage caused by a tornado or a strong windstorm, please call SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina for help – (763) 557-7323.
When Storms and Flooding Arrive - We are Here to Help
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina can help with all kinds of storm damage.
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained, and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
We Arrive Fast
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quickly with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost. Our teams are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms and flooding hit the Minneapolis area, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster just as we can handle a residential location. We can utilize equipment and personnel from a network of 1,700 Franchises across the country in addition to elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina is Here to Help – Call us today at (763) 557-7323.
Prepare for a Thunderstorm
Thunderstorms can happen at any time. Make sure you are ready.
As the spring weather descends on our area, remember that thunder and lightning are also a part of the day to day changes of weather that we face. Here are some facts from Ready.gov that you need to be aware of if a thunderstorm is headed your way.
Thunderstorms are dangerous storms that include lightning and can:
- Include powerful winds over 50 MPH
- Create hail
- Cause floods
- Cause tornadoes
It is important to prepare for a Thunderstorm
- When thunder roars, go indoors!
- Move from outdoors into a building or car.
- Pay attention to alerts and warnings.
- Unplug appliances.
Thunderstorms occur with little warning and can be especially devastating, so you’ll need the company that you can trust to rise to the occasion. Regardless of the type of storm, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina can handle any size disaster. Call us today at (763) 557-7323.
SERVPRO can help with Storm Damage
Storm Damage? SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina can help!
If you live in the Midwest, chances are you know just how quickly the weather can change and storms can occur on a moment’s notice.
Whatever type of weather event happens, you can count on SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina to be able to respond quickly. Our team has several years of experience responding to weather events across the area, region, and even throughout the United States.
In recent years our team has responded to storms involving hurricanes, sub-zero temperatures, tornadoes, flooding, and all types of weather events. Given our experience with these types of events, our team has the knowledge and skills to respond quickly and professionally to assist homes and businesses during stressful moments. When a big storm happens, you want to count on the experienced professionals at SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us today (763) 557-7323.
Be Prepared for a Power Outage
Do not let a power outage leave you in the dark. Be prepared now.
Power Outages can disrupt your routine and sometimes they can result in damage to your home or business. According to Ready.gov here are some steps to help you prepare now if a power outage does occur:
- Take an inventory of the items you need that rely on electricity.
- Talk to your medical provider about a power outage plan for medical devices powered by electricity and refrigerated medicines. Find out how long medication can be stored at higher temperatures and get specific guidance for any medications that are critical for life.
- Plan for batteries and other alternatives to meet your needs when the power goes out.
- Sign up for local alerts and warning systems. Monitor weather reports.
- Install carbon monoxide detectors with battery backup in central locations on every level of your home.
- Determine whether your home phone will work in a power outage and how long battery backup will last.
- Review the supplies that are available in case of a power outage. Have flashlights with extra batteries for every household member. Have enough nonperishable food and water.
- Use a thermometer in the refrigerator and freezer so that you can know the temperature when the power is restored. Throw out food if the temperature is 40 degrees or higher.
- Keep mobile phones and other electric equipment charged and gas tanks full.
If you experience storm damage to your property, please call SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina at (763) 557-7323.
Be Prepared for a Flood
Be prepared for a flood or storm before it arrives.
Flooding can happen fast in many environments. It is important to be prepared for disaster to strike.
Without the proper preparation, families and communities can be completely devastated. Even though local officials and relief workers will be on a scene after disaster, they may not be able to reach everyone immediately which makes it important to be prepared.
The American Red Cross recommends having the following list of items packed and ready to go in the event of an evacuation due to flooding.
- Water – 3 day supply for each person
- 3 day supply of non-perishable food
- Battery-powered radio
- Extra Batteries
- First Aid Kit
- Multi-purpose tool
- Personal hygiene items
- Copies of personal documents
- Cell Phone with chargers
- Rain gear
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
- Extra Cash
SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions. We are available 24 hours a day to help. You can reach us at (763) 557-7323.
Flooding from a Storm: SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina can Repair the Damage
Flooding from Storm Damage can be repaired by SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina
Summer rain quickly turned into a storm. Before long, a golf course was flooded and water rushed into the clubhouse. Water stood two feet high throughout the lower level, which houses employee dormitories, a member lounge, elevator shafts, and the country club wine cellar. Help was needed.
After the storm, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina was called and went to work. The water was pumped out and unsalvageable items were removed. Mitigation teams cut the wet drywall and began drying the facility. After the property was dried, the rebuild began, with construction teams restoring the property to its original state. New drywall, flooring, and trim was installed. Soon enough, the club was back to normal and the course resumed operations.
If your home or business experiences storm damage that results in flooding, water damage, or other property damage, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina can help.
Damage from heavy rain or high winds: SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina will respond to all storm damage
If a large storm has caused damage, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina can respond with one truck or the 53’ disaster trailer.
Property Damage from a Storm
Some storms can deliver more than thunder and lightning. Summertime storms can bring powerful winds, heavy rains and severe damage to property. If your property is damaged from a storm, SERVPRO can help. As 24-hour emergency restoration company that lives in the same area as you, we know when these storms happen and are prepared to respond.
Storm Damage at your Home or Business
Summer storms usually involve water damage, water in the basement, or rain entering a building through a damaged roof or window. Aside from making sure everyone is safe (including pets), the next step is to stop any further damage from happening. SERVPRO will provide temporary closures to any open areas before beginning remediation and restoration. What does that mean? We will remove any standing water and/or debris and start drying the property. If there was damage to a roof, walls, windows or other parts of a structure, we can repair all damaged areas, from roofs to windows and carpet.
Commercial to Residential Restoration After a Storm
As part of the national Disaster Recovery Team, SERVPRO of Plymouth / Long Lake / Medina is fully prepared to respond in force to any size disaster, bringing all the people and equipment necessary, including our disaster trailer. If the damage affected a portion of a living room, we will respond there as well.
If you have a water problem or wind has damaged your home or office, call SERVPRO.